Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Joy in the Little Things Challenge

I am starting a new challenge for the month of October. Each day I will think of, pray about and acknowledge something in my life that brings me joy, and find a scripture in the Bible that has to do with joy. I hope to post each and every day, just a short one or two paragraph note expressing what I have found joy in on that day. I desperately desire the Lord to fill my cup and overflow my heart with joy and this is a tangable way, for me, to visibly see the joys in everyday living! I welcome any and all of you to take on this challenge with me, whether you feel joy deprived, dry, empty, or just want to be constantly reminded of the blessings the Lord has given each of us every day. So here it goes...

Joy in the Little Things, Day 1:

I am very blessed to have a MASSIVE picture window directly in front of my computer at work. I find myself "drifting" off into my own world of imagination quite often during the day. Although it's not hard when you have a view like mine! Today, I have been blessed by the presence of a beautiful monarch butterfly. He has been "perching" and fluttering around the bush right outside my window, and I have found myself following his every move, with such a huge smile on my face, all day long!

Thank you Lord, for giving me a glimpse into your creation through the life of a butterfly, a view that is out of the ordinary for a busy city like Dallas!

"You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore." Psalm 16:11

Be Blessed and Encouraged!

No comments: